ODIN is a firmware flashing tool for Samsung galaxy smartphones. Upgrading firmware through ODIN is very simple & powerful. Though, if you want to update firmware via Samsung Kies, have a look at this tutorial.
>> How to update Samsung Galaxy Ace through Samsung Kies
Here is what you will need:
- You might already have USB drivers for you Ace if you have Kies installed. If not, download manually from here.
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v4.38 (Imp.- version no. is important) and the cooper_v1.0.ops file from here.
- Now download a firmware of your choice from samfirmware.com.
- Make sure you have the phone’s battery charged to at least 40-50%.
- On ODIN select the OPS button and load the Cooper_v1.0.ops file unto it. Ensure that the Auto-Reboot, Protect OPS and Reset Time is checked.
- Unzip the firmware .Zip file in a folder If you get have the contents in .TAR (or .tar.md5), Check “One Package” option on the left side & skip PDA, Phone, CSC, BOOT options & directly go to ‘One Package’ option. Browse for the .tar (or .tar.md5) file & select it.
Else leave the ‘One Package’ option unchecked &
-Click on BOOT and select the file called APBOOT
-Click on PHONE and select the file called MODEM
-Click on PDA and select the file called CODE
-Click on CSC and select a file called CSC
WARNING: Do not select anything in EFS
- Before connecting to the pc boot your phone in the download mode which can be done by pressing Middle Key(HOME Key) + Power key and Volume Down Key .
- Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable. On ODIN a COM Port mapping will indicate and turn to color yellow if the device is already detected. Click on Start.
Wait until the whole process completes (around 5 minutes). A progress bar on the left side of ODIN will show you the downloading progress. When it says “Close Serial Port & Wait Untill Reboot” , unplug the USB. You’re phone mostly likely to reboot into new ROM now. Change the default language at your own Region & you’re done. Note- In some cases,you might get a bootloop. Simply shutdown & reboot into Recovery Mode. Wipe Cache partion & Clear personal Data/Factory Reset. Restart Again. Done!