Now that you have taken backups of all the things that you would like, there is no stopping you from installing the cyanogenMod build. Here we go-
- You have strictly followed all the steps of Part 2 of this series.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery v5 by holding power+home key during boot.
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik cache from the recovery.
- Now copy the ‘Vo-1cm-7-20120725FULLROM.zip’ downloaded above in root of sd card. Also copy the ‘Superuser-3.1.3.zip’ to your sd card.
- In recovery, select ‘Install zip from sd card‘ and then select ‘Vo-1cm-7-20120725FULLROM.zip’ you copied to your sd card.
- Select install and allow the process to complete.
And you’re done! CyanoenMod v7.2 has been installed to your Ace.
Just one more thing before you start, we need to install the SuperUser app.
- Reboot into recovery.
- Select ‘Install zip from sd card-> Toggle script asserts’
- Now select the ‘Superuser-3.1.3.zip’ you copied to your sd card in step 3 above. Select install.
That’s it. The build we have mentioned already contains all Google Apps preinstalled. So no need to flash the Gapps separately.
Now you just need to restore the backups you made in part 3 of the tutorial series (not the nandroid backup, nandroid backup will give you your old ROM back). So you can keep using your contacts, calendar, memo, SMS , call log etc.
We will be back with the last part of this tutorial series in which we tell you how to make this CM build your own!
Previous: 3. Taking Backups
Next: 5. Customize