Pre-installed stock apps aka crap gives users a lot of headache especially to those who have little internal storage like Ace, A70 & Optimus etc.
- They take up a lot of internal memory.
- They clutter the app drawer.
- They might take a lot of system resources with background services.
These apps can’t be removed. And as a result ‘Out of memory’ issue is the first problem a user runs into.
Previously we have covered a way to force install apps to SD card. But what of those unuseful apps who just sit in the app drawer and clutter it. This is the first & foremost reason an average user roots his phone.
So if you are rooted and want to remove system/stock apps, you are at the right place.
- Titanium backup app from android market or free trial (direct link)
- Your phone to be rooted.
- Launch “Titanium Backup” app in your phone.
- Select “backup/restore” tab on the home screen.
- You will be presented with a list of apps that also includes the pre-installed apps.
- Choose whatever apps you want to uninstall and you will see screen like this
- Select “uninstall” and the app will be removed from your system.
And you’re done!
Know a better way, let us know in the comments.