- 4.65″ high-definition super AMOLED HD display
- Edge-to-edge 720p screen high-definition. The unique Contour Display curves nicely to the shape of your face and makes it easier to hold.
- No button design. 8.84mm thick. Thinner bezel 4.29 mm with 10000:1 contrast ratio.
- 1280 by 720 resolution with 16:9 Aspect ratio
- 1.2 Ghz Dual core Qualcomm Processor (TI OMAP 4460 Cortex A9)
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 5MP HD camera with 1080p video recording with zero shutter lag
- 1 GB Ram. 32GB memory
- Gorilla Glass
- Barometer sensor with other standard sensors
- 1750 mAh battery
- 4G (LTE or HSPA+) speeds.
- NFC support with Android Beam
- Notification LED
- Pogo pin accessory
It will be launched in November across the world.
Update: The Galaxy Nexus Website is now live! Link
The expected Price for Galaxy Nexus is yet announced but we expect it to be lower than S2 which takes it somewhere near to 25K INR.
The new ICS is based on ‘Roboto’ typeface which is very pleasing to the eyes.
Android 4.0 new features: (This is just a quick list)
- Redesigned app drawer
- New Action Bar
- Native Screenshot support
- Selective notification removal (like CyanogenMod 7)
- Redesigned lockscreen with new unlock animation
- No button support.Virtual menu & back keys that make hardware keys optional for manufacturers.
- Inline spell checker
- Improved Cut/Copy/Paste
- Instant Voice Typing
- Face Unlock (which didn’t quite work live at conference!!)
- Improved Task Manager
- Improved Tab Management in stock Browser with private browsing support
- Updated Gmail app with action bar & 2 line previews + Offline search support
- Streamlined Calendar app with pinch to zoom support
- All others apps like google+ , maps have been updated with a new interface & streamlined controls.
- New data usage setting with limit warning & control. ( Very advanced feature)
- Photo sharing right from Camera App. Zoom support. ‘Single motion Panorama‘ Feature
- New redesigned slick Gallery with Magazine UI & native Photo Editor with cropping/red-eye/filters etc.
- New Video Recording features: Continuous Focus, Time Lapse support, Zoom whilst in Recording
- People App: Evolution of Contact app with a social network mix.
- Redesigned Call/Recieve UI (similar to Lockscreen UI) with a new feature called ‘Quick Response’
- An extraordinary new sharing feature: Android Beam (proximity based interactions). You touch the 2 phones back to back and touch the screen to beam image/map/video/people card to the other phone.
So what do you think of these changes? Did we miss any?
Galaxy Nexus with Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) 5 min video