ClockworkMod Recovery is great functionality to be added to an android phone. It can make your phone virtually brick-proof. Installing custom Roms & taking backups becomes a matter of clicks. But that’s not all. There is vista of different things you can do with it like partitioning your sd card, flashing a zip file etc. Previously we showed you how to install version 4, now its time for version 220.127.116.11. So without further ado, here we go.
- Progress bar
- Better Backup
Method 1: (Fastboot)
- Extract the zip file to C:\
- Rename the downloaded recovery to “recovery5.img” (or whatever you like)
- Turn off your mobile. While holding the camera key, connect your device to your computer via USB and wait till you see ‘fastboot USB’ on the screen.
- Open command prompt & type the following command:.
fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery5.img
- Done!! Check the new recovery.
Method 2 (Flash_image method)
‘flash_image’ is a tool for Android devices that lets you rewrite your phone’s system partitions with partition image files and installing it to your device requires ADB.
- Open command prompt & execute following commands:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak (if it gives error message here, simply proceed to the next step)
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/your recovery name
- Reboot recovery
The phone will reboot now.