Previously we showed how to install the CWM V4 on your Samsung Galaxy Ace & we showed you 4 methods of doing that.
There are a multitude of benefits of installing CWM on your phone & v5 is necessary if you are installing some new CM7 builds. This version is also known as Cyanogenmod recovery.
NOTE: The lastest version of this article has moved here. Please bookmark the new site.
Install CWM 4 first. (Tutorial)
- Download ClockworkModRecovery 18.104.22.168. (Applicable to Gingerbread)
- Once the CWM zip file is downloaded, place it to your sdcard.
- Now reboot in CWM recovery v4 (By pressing and holding Power button+Menu button during boot)
- Select ‘Apply Update from SDcard‘ and select the CWM zip file placed in your sdcard. (Note: If your zip file isn’t named as update.zip, please select option “Choose zip from sdcard” and select the .zip downloaded above).
- Restart from recovery. For verifying, go into recovery again. You will find that recovery has been updated to CWM Recovery.
(Note: This tutorial was re-verified in Aug ’12)