There were some problems in getting ADB to work with Micromax A70. Not any more..
Requirements (for method 1):
- 91 PC suite (Download)
- Micromax A70 USB drivers (Download) | Alternate Link (MF)
- Install the android SDK using this article
- Extract the USB drivers for Micromax A70. Connect the phone to the computer, point the found new hardware wizard to search for the drivers in the folder in which the drivers were extracted (Also check ‘Include Sub Folders’).
- Install 91 PC Suite. The Interface might be in Chinese. To change it to English click on the white android phone on the upper left corner of the 91 PC Suite Windows, point to the 3rd option in the list and click on English.
Restart 91 PC Suite and let it detect the phone. Leave it open in the background.
- Now, type adb devices in command prompt. (you will notice that it will not try to start the daemon server as it will use the daemon server provided by 91 PC Suite)
WINDOWS 7 32 bit
- Install JDK and Android SDK and update SDK to the latest version.
- Turn on USB Debugging in phone in Settings>Applications>Development
- Connect phone to PC & install drivers USB drivers given at the top.
- Create adb_usb.ini file in “C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\.android” folder and add following to the file.
(filename is adb_usb.ini, if u already have that file then delete it & create new one OR u can add 0x1d91 to next line without deleting anything in file.)
- Save the file and exit.
- Now open command prompt and navigate to ‘platform-tools’ directory of android sdk. Type “adb devices” without quotes and hit enter.
- Your Micromax A70 will show up in connected devices from now on.
No need to install 91pc suite with this method
Thanks to “songoku” for windows solution.
WINDOWS 7 64bit:
- Same steps of above 32bit system. This step will avoid ‘Driver not signed‘ problem at boot which forced to use F8 option to disable driver signing check.
Driver Signature Enforecement OverriderThis software will take care of this issue. How-to is also on the download page. U can download it here-
Download Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b Free – Use this tool to easily bypass the Driver Signature Enforcement in both 32-bit and 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows Vista – Softpedia
Thanks to varun.chitre15
The power of ADB is in your hands. Whats next?
>> How to Force install apps to SD card on Micromax A70
How to get ADB working with Micromax A70 [Linux]