A brick is a block of ceramic material used in masonry construction, usually laid using various kinds of mortar. It has been regarded as one of the longest lasting and strongest building materials used throughout history
When used in reference to consumer electronics, “brick” describes a device that cannot function in any capacity (such as a device with damaged firmware).
And finally in context of Android, your phone is bricked when you can’t boot into your firmware, recovery or download mode & only screen you get during boot is first splash screen.
If you get yours bricked, ‘your precious’ will succumb to be nothing more than an expensive paperweight.
There are two kinds of bricks:
Device won’t turn on.
Device bootloops/stuck in bootloader. They can be booted into recovery/download mode. Soft-bricked devices can (almost) always be saved.
Though if you have run in bad luck, here is an attempt! for SGA users.
How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace
But it mostly happens due to one’s own stupidity. Keep these points in mind to avoid bricking.
- Android is a phone specific platform. What applies to others mightn’t necesarily apply to you. So search for phone specific tutorial before rooting/unrooting/flashing rom-recovery etc.
- Never use Rom Manager unless its officially supported.
- Know what you are doing
- Never skip steps. You might think its unnecessary but mightn’t be. Follow instructions.
- If you are unsure, ask(even stupid questions)!! Join appropiate forums & follow forum rules.
- Don’t be show off!! If you aren’t a dev, you can’t become one overnight!!