You might be wondering what are odex & deodex files on Android?
To put it short, custom themes can only be applied on a deodexed firmware.
This procedure will deodex your firmware & would also root it (if not already). If your phone is already rooted, you can still use this procedure to deodex.
Important: Back up personal data since we will be doing a factory reset.
- Download zip-file appropriate to your firmware version. (Very Important)
- Copy the downloaded zip-file to the root of your SD-card.
- Connect your phone to an external power source (USB, for example) because installation can take a long time.
- Reboot into recovery mode (by holding Home + Power keys during boot)
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” (Navigate with volume rocker)
- Now select “apply update from sdcard” & select the zip-file downloaded above.
- Reboot your phone & you’re done.
Now you have a completely clean system with DEODEXed firmware.
Download update appropriate to your firmware version:
2.3.4 DXKPB DEODEXED+CWM+CF-ROOT b80 for flashing with ODIN (pda+modem). Mirror
2.3.4 DDKQ5 (Follow this Tutorial)
Notes for S5830DXKPD:
This update is only inserts deodexed files, it does not erase your data and your apps and framework. But do not forget to wipe the cache!
You can easily delete unwanted applications from update before performing the procedure.
- Just open your downloaded zip-file and remove unwanted applications from system\app directory of your archive.
You must know and understand what applications can be removed without harm to your system.
Now go ahead with the procedure described above using your modified archive.