Installing custom boot animations on A70 is very easy.
1. Rooted Micromax A70
2. Root Explorer
3. Any HVGA boot animation
Toshow you what we are talking about, here is an example of a custom bootanimation:
Android Particle Ring by Dysgenic (Modified by aph):
Download more @xda-developers.com. Make sure it is in HVGA format.
Method 1 (Requires Root):
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB and mount the storage card for file transfer.
- Copy the bootanimation.zip file that you want to install, to your SD card.
- Unmount USB storage and launch the file browser of your choice on your phone.
- Browse to /system/media, copy the existing bootanimation.zip file from there and paste it somewhere safe on your SD card.
- Browse to the location on the SD card where you copied the new bootanimation.zip and copy it.
- Browse to /data/local and paste the bootanimation.zip file there to override the default system boot animation without replacing it.
Browse to /system/media and paste the bootanimation.zip file there.
If you are using Super Manager, you will have to enable its root function first from the settings. Furthermore, you may need to mount the /system partition as read-write first too upon entering it.
Note: If you had earlier on copied a custom bootanimation.zip file into /data/local, you will also need to delete it or else the new one from /system/media will not be loaded.
Method 2: Via ADB (Works on both rooted & unrooted):
- Enable USB debugging on your device in Settings > Applications > Development.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB.
- Launch a command prompt/terminal window on your computer.
- Navigate to the location where you have the bootanimation.zip file saved.
- Rooted/Unrooted devices: Enter these commands:
adb pull /data/local/bootanimation.zip c:\ adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/
Rooted devices only: Enter these commands:
adb pull /system/media/bootanimation.zip c:\ adb remount adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media/
Whichever method you used, you should now have the new boot animation successfully installed on your device. Simply restart it and you should see it running upon boot.
Voila, you’re done. Flaunt your new boot animation in the comments below.