This tutorial is for advanced users only. Read this tutorial before going ahead. This tutorial applies only to froyo/custom rom.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible if your phone gets damaged. Do this only if you know what you are doing.
An easier way would be to install a custom rom.
- Your phone to be rooted
- Kerned modules for ext3/ext4 (In the zip file)
- a2sd modified.rar
- Take a backup & then partition your sd card. Format the partition in fat32 & ext3/ext4.
- Extract the contents of the “a2sd modified.rar” you downloaded above to the root of the sdcard.
- Disconnect mass storage and login to ADB shell as root (alternatively you can use the terminal app on your phone):
- Type in the following commands (try copy-paste each line then hit enter):
cp /sdcard/optimize/a2sd_enabler.sh /data/local/tmp/
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/a2sd_enabler.sh
- To double check everything, reboot your phone and login again as root through adb, then run the following command, and find a line similar to the highlighted line in the output below:
Look for this line:
/system/sd: 1032088K total, 38512K used, 993576K available (block size 4096)
- If this line is present you can go ahead and do this:
Reboot in recovery and apply “update.zip”
It also copies update.zip to the root of the sd so you can reboot and apply update.zip. This step enables a2sd.