You can manually install a custom recovery such as CWM Recovery using the fastboot or flash_image method if you don’t have a mobile internet connection.
For this method to work, you must have ADB and fastboot installed on your computer. Refer Get ADB working with A70
- Copy the recovery image from here to C:\
Note: The recovery image should have .img extension. If it is in a zip file, extract the .img file from it.
- Power your device off. Hold the camera key.
- While holding the camera key, connect your device to your computer via USB and wait till you see ‘fastboot USB’ on the screen.
- Launch Command Prompt and type the following command:
fastboot flash recovery c:\recovery.img
- Wait for the process to finish and reboot your device once it’s done. You can reboot using fastboot:
'flash_image' is a tool for Android devices that lets you rewrite your phone’s system partitions with partition image files and installing it to your device requires ADB.
- Download flash_image and extract it from the zip file to a location on your computer. We extracted it to the main C drive (not in any folder) and will use that in the next steps.
- Download the recovery from here (A70) & copy it to C:\
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device from Menu > Settings > Applications > Development.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB.
- Open a Command Prompt window on your computer and enter the following commands:
adb push c:\flash_image /sdcard/ adb push c:\recovery.img /sdcard/ adb shell su mount -o remount, rw /system cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin cd /system/bin chmod 777 flash_image flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
This will first transfer flash_image and recovery.img to your phone. Then it will copy flash_image to the /system/bin folder of your Android device and make it executable. Finally, it will flash the custom recovery image to your device using flash_image.
If you extracted the files elsewhere, use the appropriate paths and if your recovery image has a different name, use the appropriate name in the first two lines.
- Reboot your device once the process is finished and you’re done. You may exit adb and the Command Prompt window on your computer by entering ‘exit’ thrice.
The above methods appeared on addictivetips.com
Note if you have been able to do it successfully or know anymore about this, please leave a comment.